Monday 5 November 2012

The DUFF - Designated, Ugly, Fat, Friend. by Kody Keplinger



Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper knows she's not the hottest girl at school, but when school jock and resident moron Wesley casually refers to her as a Duff - Designated Ugly Fat Friend - the gloves are off!

If there's a thin line between love and hate then Bianca has crossed it. She just never thought she was capable of breaking anyone's heart...

                                   -------------------------------------------------------

I loved this book and read it one sitting. I was hooked from the first few pages which I can only put down to the absolutely amazing main character Bianca. Wow how wonderfully written she was, I loved her sassy, cheeky, angry, sarcastic and yet obviously vulnerable personality. Bianca was a pleasure to get to know, her little OCD type quirks, and the relationship she with her friends only made her more believable.

I could really understand her situation and how she felt about the world. Keplinger really tuned into the world of the comprehensive / high school years. It is a time in ones life when everything you do, say and how you look is on display and judged. Yes this happens in the 'real' world but during the school years it is amplified. Everyone is growing up and learning their limits therefore things can get vicious at times when the lines are crossed.

This book was a fabulous read. I can't say to much because I really don't want to give anything away. It is simply to great to risk even the slightest hint of the story escaping my lips. However I will say it is perfect for people in high school and beyond, it can really open your eyes to what and who are Duffs.  I loved it and will be keeping an eye on Keplingers future releases with excitement.

                                           I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
                     It was wonderful. I loved it and wish it could have lasted longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment